Zarafa 7.1.12 Update Notes
- The update may take a very long time, even in smaller environments.
- Because user accounts are modified during the update, the server load will increase during the update and while replicating the changes to all servers in your environment
- Zarafa contacts are now managed by a dedicated UDM/UMC Module. Zarafa contacts thus no longer count towards the user count in the UCS domain. See below for information about migrating existing contacts
- Zarafa shared stores and non-active users are now now managed by a dedicated UDM/UMC Module. Zarafa shared stores and non-active users thus no longer count towards the user count in the UCS domain. See below for information about migrating existing shared stores and non-active users
Migrating existing contacts, shared stores and non-active users
The migration of existing objects will be done automatically during the update by the zarafa4ucs joinscript.
To prevent the migration during joinscript execution, set the UCR variable
false before installing the update.
If an error is detected the joinscript will fail before any modifications are done.
Check the logfile
/var/log/univention/management-console-module-appcenter.log or call the migration script in dry-run mode (
/usr/share/zarafa4ucs/zarafa4ucs-migrate-to-separate-udm-modules -d) to learn more about encountered errors.
Other notable changes
- Zarafa contacts and shared stores/non-active users are now managed in separate UDM/UMC modules: udm zarafa/contact and udm zarafa/non-active
- Starting from this App version, Zarafa Webapp Version 2 is installed
- Following the Zarafa namingscheme, shared stores are now called non-active users.
- Zarafa contacts and shared stores/non-active users will no longer count towards the UCS license
- If no e-mail address is configured when a user has his role changed to any zarafa role, a warning will be shown
- The package univention-sasl will now be installed when installing Zarafa
- The Zarafa ldap schema has been updated
- ClamAV is explicitly restarted after installing or updating Zarafa
- Zarafa is now installable on a UCS member server
- The Zarafa server restart procedure during the installation has been improved
See the Zarafa 7.1 Changelog for more details about issues fixed in Zarafa.